eMac Freezing Problem

biggles21

Registered
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the mac osx forum.

I'm running 10.3.5 on a 1.25 ghz eMac with 256mb ram. My problem is that my computer has been freezing quite often lately. What happens is that the screen becomes completely unresponsive, often some of the pixels become distorted, and the mouse sometimes continues to work and sometimes doesnt. I first noticed the problem while running 10.3.9 so I decided to reinstall the OS. This didnt work so I zeroed the harddrive with disk utitilty and reinstalled again with the same problems. Even without introducing any third party programs, the problem still lingers. I've also reset the PRAM.
I ran the Apple Hardware Test off of the eMac restore disk and it says everything is ok. My only thoughts are that the backup battery is dying, but that may be completely off base. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

actually just came across that just before reading your post eric :)

Im almost positive that my computer will be repaired for free. THat makes me very happy. :D

Well, good luck! I got my PowerBook repaired for free under an extended warranty for screen defects.

It was sweet.

:)

Hmm...just posted a request about my 10.3.9 freezing. Before it goes the video distorts...sometimes on restart the video returns scrambled...this looks interesting.

Back