700MHz PowerPC G4
128MB SDRAM
40GB Ultra ATA drive
CD-RW drive
56K internal modem
eMac Stand
$1,158.00

http://apple.com/store

This is good, I'd get one, but I think that when I spring for my next machine I'll make it a really top of the line one. :).

Hopefully they will get rid of the G3 iMac now. I think iMacs and towers will be updated at MWNY because they aren't looking as attractive now.

Nice move, Apple, except for one tiny detail. What in the world does the "e" in "eMac" stand for now, if it's not education exclusive?

e for everyone
e for extra cool
e for extra low price
e for entertainment
e for easier than a pc
e for easy

I thought it was odd that they released it to the public, when the new imac isn't far out of it's price range. So now they have two computers, close to the same quality (sans the differences such as monitor type) going to the same userbase.

Not that I'm not happy about it, just saying im interested to see how the buisness move pays off. Now to come up with 1k :D ...

i thought the whole reason for the eMac was bc the new imac wasnt suitable for school budget or environment.. and it made sense because it wasnt in competition with the iMac.. but in a sense they do need a low end product seeing as the base model computer was the iMac, which had the same processor as the top of the line (hintg5cominghint)

I know what I'm buying now!

First it was that 700MHz G3 iMac for $900, now it's the 700MHz G4 eMac for $1000.... it's also got an excellent graphics card (it's the exact same one that's in my PC right now.... works like a charm!)

bling... save for a tower, you have no idea how much better they are... dude seriously, you dont think you will need to upgrade, but you do, because of things like quartz etreme... and more ram for osx and larger hd for mp3's ive upgraded soooo many times becuase i HAD to. not just becuase i wanted a better comp. youll have to do the same. go for a cheep tower this mwsf.

Back