eMac Upgrade questions

The correct RAM specs for your eMac is PC-2700 DDR333 184-pin SDRAM
It WILL work with PC-3200 DDR400 SDRAM

The discussion about the difference between high and low-density RAM is from 10 years or so back, and I don't think you can find DDR memory for sale that even mentions that part of the specifications. Get your memory from a known supplier, that supports Apple, and has a good record in the event that memory has to be returned. Top quality Apple support is OWC (www.macsales.com), and here's a reference page where the correct memory is sold at that site. http://eshop.macsales.com/MyOWC/Upgrades.cfm?sort=pop&model=199&type=Memory
You will also find the prices are good at that site.

i found some DDR 2700 RAM on eBay it says its High Density and the reason im gonna get PC2700 is thats the type of RAM my 1GB stick is at and i want to get another matching for the eMac for Dual Channel the 1GB stick i have has no name no specs it doesn even state its 1GB and i dont know if its High or Low Density that i have installed

I doubt that you will find ANY SDRAM for sale that is not High Density.

The eMac will not provide any advantage (or disadvantage, either) with an identical pair, dual channel is not supported. You will simply have two chips with the same capacity.
It will work just fine with 1 PC2700, and 1 PC3200. The memory bus supports either, but PC3200 does not operate faster in the eMac, so no speed advantage.
I prefer PC3200 because it is more common, easier to find, and often sells for lower price.

Memory is PC2700 (PC3200 is OK, and probably easier to find) DDR SDRAM.
2 x 1024MB = 2GB maximum for your eMac.

not true i bought 1GB PC3200 RAM on YOUR advice and it dont even work at all mac only beeps with it installed what good is this site when i cant even get a reliable source on RAM now im out 10 bucks thanks alot just should of gotten then 2700 low density ram like i planed!!!!

Last edited:
Back