Emac-Video gaming

Will_Richo

Green & Growing
Will my EMac (as per sig) be able to run Call of Duty united offensive well? The spec i have been told is required is: Radeon 7500/nVidia GeForce 2 or better), 32MB of video Ram (VRAM)

Anyone help please. :)

I'm not sure which video card you have, but you will definitely need more ram if you plan on playing any graphics intensive game. Consider at least another 256, it will make the OS feel faster too...

Sorry, just noticed my sig is wrong for the Emac, i have 512 of ram over 2 sticks. Dohh.

My machine says it is an ati 32mb agp video card.

one of my friends has an emac. I had a chance to play q3a on it. (Call of Duty is a mod of q3a, with enhanced shading and network code ) I have to say it was playable. The frame rate maxed out at 65-75. But I was able to turn on allot of extra stuff, with out a significant loss of frame rate. If you really want performance, then I would turn off efffects, and scale down textures. If your worried about price, you could always pick up a copy of q3a for ten dollars, and test your computer performance.

once again slots come into play. Your 256 is very likely in two 128 sticks. So to increase significantly you need either two 256 sticks or one 512.

pds, he says he has 512mb of RAM, read you silly goose :p

and I think call of duty will work fine but i wouldnt go higher then that.

Sup?? lol

I'm an eMac user- check my specs- and COD runs great on my machine. I technically don't even have the extra 512MB chip in it yet(I'm getting that tommorow, so I'm still running at 384MB RAM), and I really didn't even see a frame rate drop in big areas in any of the COD demos. Looks great, runs great. I recommend it.

Back