email listserver/majordomo?

HardyMacia

Registered
I'm looking for an offline email list server to run on OS X. Macjordomo is along the lines of what I'm looking for, but I wanted OS X native version.

Are there any free ones available?

Hardy

Majordomo will work, but for the unix challenged does anyone know where there are step by step installation instructions?

Then again I'd prefer something with an GUI.

Hardy

Majordomo isn't too difficult to install, the readme should be able to help, but it isn't very feature robust. I'm looking for a better alternative myself. Mainly, better spam filters without having to create a moderated list.

Thanks Admin,

But, I'm looking for Macintosh-easy, not unix-easy. I'll putz around with downloading python, mailman, gcc, and everything that is necessary to try to make this work, but I'd really like a single executable that I can double click on and start managing an email list.

Hardy

Ah! such simplicity is something Mac users will have to get over when it comes to OS X, at least in the early days. :)

Admin

Programming for the Palm is too much like unix installations, I try to limit the number of gray hairs being created.

If Apple releases a Newton device in the same form factor as the Palm m505 then I won't ever complain about unix stuff again. :D

Hardy

Back