Email not accepting word documents

howef@iprimus.c

Registered
I have updated from Tiger to 10.5.5. Everything works well EXCEPT:

my ISP will not accept word document attachments or iPhoto. It will accept Text Edit document attachments. Using my ISP's web mail site to compose an email has the same problem.

What can I do to fix this?

I would suggest that this is your ISP rules issue rather than your MacOS. The ISP may have blocks or filters in place that someone has activated to reject .doc and .xls. Try sending an Excel or .ppt attachment to see if it gets rejected. Sometimes you can get round it by removing the file suffix. In what format are the pics you're trying to send?

I find it curious that you give neither your version of Word, the format of the documents that you are trying to transmit, or the name of your ISP. What is more, upgrading your operating system cannot affect your ISP's webmail client in any way. If your webmail client will not accept Word documents as attachments, then the problem lies with your ISP. There is nothing that you or anyone here can do about it. You need to call your ISP's technical support number.

my ISP will not accept word document attachments or iPhoto. It will accept Text Edit document attachments. Using my ISP's web mail site to compose an email has the same problem.

What mail client do you use? Try saving the word doc as a text file (if the formatting allows) and try then.

If they are not to big attachments violating ISP size rules then contact you ISP help desk and stress you get the same results in the web email attachments.

Back