emails from outlook (PC) to mail

find out where outlook keeps the mailboxes - save them, and import them to mail.app

the pc mailboxes are probably still something in format .mbox or .mailbox or soemthing. see if there is a "export mailboxes" in the application. (i can't check it out here, a pc free house :D )

No way, already tried it before. I think this is a serious Problem, 'big' apple is talking from easy switching, my ass, can't even take my mails with me.

Wait, I did bring my emails from Kmail in Linux to mac .. I manage to find the location kind of automatically when I'm at the machine, but I don't have a windows box here, sorry .. I don't remember.. (booobw.. help)

Apple suggests you get a .mac account and send the emails there. But what you can do is set Outlook to NOT get mail (set to manual rather than automatic) then send to yourself the emails on the PC.
Now on your Mac, get your emails.

This is actually the easiest way.

are we talking Outlook (which version?) or Outlook Express (which version?)? This is kinda important as different versions of those apps offer different export options. What you're looking for is an export of basically _any_ kind. I remember that it's a drag, but that's really MS' fault. (They don't _want_ you to use another E-Mail program...)

You might try a 'workaround'. Maybe you can install Eudora on the PC and import mail from Outlook there. Eudora uses textfiles iirc for mailboxes - just like Apple (or similar). Then you can import these on the Mac. It's a drag, I know, but it's a fact.

hey guys,

im in the same boat as siggman... today i do search the net for converting dbx to mbox format... luckily i found this software called `DbxConv`, here's the link http://people.freenet.de/ukrebs/dbxconv.html

this will convert all your dbx to mbox format, from there you can import it to your `Mail.app`

regards

siggman said:
Are there any clean solutions, importing emails from outlook (pc) to mail?
You might check out this Win32 shareware called Outlook2Mac. I've not used it, but it seems pretty useful. I wish it would have been around when I migrated some stuff (through Win32 Mozilla).

If it's Outlook Express, File>Export>Messages...
Couldn't be any easier.

Should be the same for Outlook.

Outlook (i.e. the Exchange client) or Outlook Express (i.e. the pop mail client)?

Edit: Ooops... Didn't read far enough.
msn_embarrassed.png

Back