EMERGENCY! Can't get mail!

jyhm

Ultra Geek
I use Microsoft Entourage on OSX 10.3.9 and I can't receive mail anymore! I am not receiving mail from two different places namely my host website and my isp mailbox!

I have tried Entourage, Mail, and I used Evolution on my Dell Linux box. I have even tried accessing my mail via the web. Nothing! And my mail boxes show only mail 01/05/07 when the problem happened, I'm not even getting Spam!

This whole thing seemed to have started when I checked my Junk and Deleted folders in Entourage, and started deleting some emails because it was well over one thousand junk emails. Then Entourage stopped getting mail, and today I got an error message from Entourage which made it unable to start up. After fixing permissions and doing disk utils I can start the app but still no mail!

Help Please!

Ha!

Might help if I paid my web host
icon_biggrin.gif
They have been trying to bill me since September. I am receiving email from my isp though.

It's just so odd that they halted my email service right after I had an Entourage error.
icon_confused.gif

I'm not sure I will renew with ipowerweb.com They only support PHP4 and I only have 3 mysql databases.

I'm thinking of going to DreamHost. They have:

• 198 GB storage
    1.9 TB bandwidth
    Unlimited mysql
    PHP 4 and 5 support
    Unlimited subdomains
    75 Shell/FTP users
    Full Unix Shell
    $7.95 USD mo w/2yr pre pay

I will never sign up with 1 and 1 because one time they thought I HAD signed up with them they billed me erroneously without ever having actually talked to me first. To the tune of $1560. I don't recommend them purely on a security basis.

Someone in their customer service department told me 'someone in the far east' set up the account but wouldn't tell me who. Thanks a lot, 1 and 1.

It took me 3.5 months to get my money back from my bank.

Thats why i pay for such things with my credit card - less hassle when you are billed erroneously: you dispute the charges and they are placed on hold pending an investigation by the credit card company.

Sounds more like you were the victim of low level identity theft, not questionable business practices.

Also worth considering Textdrive, which since becoming part of the Joyent crew has started to offer bundled packages to make developers happy.

Dreamhost has great packages for the money, but have had stability issues over the last year. Just a caveat. I haven't experienced any problems with them in months, probably due to their having mostly settled their datacenter issues. They're very upfront about problems and resolutions, so at least their customers know what's going on.

Thats why i pay for such things with my credit card - less hassle when you are billed erroneously: you dispute the charges and they are placed on hold pending an investigation by the credit card company.

Sounds more like you were the victim of low level identity theft, not questionable business practices.

I don't think you're quite understanding me: The money was STOLEN from my bank account.

What ever you do, DO NOT use iPowerweb.com or OnlineNIC.com.

iPowerweb will not let me have access to my domain name in order to update my old home and email address that (do not exist) anymore. Which makes it impossible for me to change my registrar from OnlineNIC.com to godaddy.com.

ipowerwebs tech support is either, inept or completely belligerent. Forget trying to contact their transfer dept. They are some shady group that only responds through automation. After calling through all of their departments I finally found someone in billing who made sure that my info was updated on the whois servers and you know what happened? They misspelled my email! So I have to call back and start this whole process all over again. And GOD only knows what will happen when they finally update my info, will they deny or stall my transfer too! :mad:

OnlineNIC is based in Singapore and their customer service is non-existant! When you call you get an answering machine message with incoherent English. I got through after several emails, some are even dummy accounts that send postmaster errors back to your inbox. When I asked to update through them they didn't want anything to do with me. Instead they referred me back to ipowerweb. A nice hustle they have going, send me trough endless hoops till I get tired of jumping!

I HATE THESE PEOPLE! :mad:

I hear you. There's nothing like a bad hosting experience to bring up the blood pressure. I had a particularly bad experience with HostRocket in 2002 or so.

Back