Enable automatic login for multiple accounts?

MDLarson

Registered
Here's a thread where nobody else figured it out and the original poster didn't really want what he was asking for:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=487976

But, I would really truly like to turn on Automatic Login for at least two Mac accounts. They would be used for remote VNC based access, and up until now we've been turning on the computer and manually logging into both accounts.

I highly doubt this is built-in to Mac OS X (currently running 10.4 but I can update to 10.5 if it makes it easier), and I couldn't find any 3rd party solutions. I've thought of rigging up some sort of Applescript to login to a different local account and attaching that to the first account's Login Items, but that an be kind of weird too.

Local passwords are left blank for ease-of-use.

If one of the accounts to log in would be used for VNC or ARD, the account you log in automatically does not matter. VNC will use the password to authenticate, so even if user john is logged in and you want to log in as jane, as long as you know the/a password used on that system for VNC, you can log in remotely even if your VNC-intended account would not be logged in there.

Back