Enable built-in “Remote Management” on server for VNC access

tekman2000

Registered
Hello all you MAC experts, <smile>

Total MAC server noob question here,

One of the companies that I support has a MAC server running OS X version 10.4.7 and it is working fine. But there is no place to connect a monitor directly to it.

So I set up one of there spare older G5’s so I can remotely administer it over there Windows domain which is Ethernet based from within the LAN.

I have the static IP of the MAC server and I also have the administrator user name and password.

I have already downloaded and installed the latest and greatest “Server Admin Tools” onto the G5 and I can connect to the server just fine.

But all I need to do at this time is setup and configure an external USB hard drive for backup purposes on the server so what I need is a regular desktop view on the MAC server it self.

I believe what I need to know is: How do I enable the BUILT-IN “Remote Management” feature on the SERVER ITSELF using the “Server Admin Tools” on the G5 so I can use a VNC viewer on the G5 to get to a REGULAR desktop view of the MAC server.

Please correct me if I am wrong because I have intentionally made an effort to stay away from Apple/Macintosh for all these years.

I would be happy to buy someone lunch if they would please be so kind as to assist me with this and thanks in advance. <smile>

Back