Enabling Netboot in Server Admin - problems

damo_burns

Registered
I'm trying to enable "Netboot" in Server Admin but I get a message saying "No image storage space enabled - at least one volume should have a sharepoint created on it".

How do I do this?

My server is a stand alone server, and users just map their own private user drives - it's not open directory.

Any ideas?!?!?!

Thanks,
Damo

Now I haven't worked with this but here it goes:
You have to enable one share point to be used for NetImages - ok we got that down
We have to be able to share NetBootSPx in Library over... AFP???... so that when they boot from NetBoot it loads that. Also, be sure you have an image created and put in NetBootSPx using Network Image Utility. See if any of those help.

damo_burns said:
I'm trying to enable "Netboot" in Server Admin but I get a message saying "No image storage space enabled - at least one volume should have a sharepoint created on it".

How do I do this?

My server is a stand alone server, and users just map their own private user drives - it's not open directory.

Any ideas?!?!?!

Thanks,
Damo

In the NetBoot service setup in Server Admin, you need to specify a volume for NetBoot images and Netboot client data. These options will create a directory a:

/Library/NetBoot/

Inside of that, you'll find your NetBootSP0 and NetBootClients0 folders, which store your images and client data.

Also, make sure you have the service enabled on an interface.

Back