Encryption 128AES MAC OSX...

CaribbeanOS-X

Tropics Tech
Dear macosX and all others,

I have been researching Encryption for OSX but can not make a clear decision as what to buy or use as freeware...

I also have searched for Encryption here but the searched came up empty.

File vault is active but can i also run file vault on a secondary HD and USB Flash Disk?

Kindest regards,

CaribbeanOS-X

Great solution Eric... a simple operation and i am secure. How secure is it really... i don't need NSA security but just so if i loose control of my MAC while it sits online.

Next problem... File Vault is already active, yes the whole drive. Should i back up my personal things and then try to turn off File Vault, it may just die in the process?

Again thanks for the prompt reply...

No other place on the net can give this kinda of service... great job everyone.

Sunny CaribbeanOS-X.

Eric2006... your knowledge helped for the flash disk but now when i try to preform the same task on the HD or any other area beyond that (ie.DESKTOP, or FOLDERS) i am confronted with a msg... "resources busy".

This i believe is to be an easy fix...
Something just needs to be turned OFF, i believe, or just free up the RESOURCE???

Maybe i am getting to much sun... sorry to all you guys in the cold.

CaribbeanOS-X

Forget it, i figured it out... the MAC HD was selected. ;)

Furthermore, will i loose all info if the DMG file, which is created, is deleted and is there another way to mount the disk if this file gets erased? (is that even the correct lingo?)

Thanks again.

CaribbeanOS-X

Back