Endless Boot Loop - Nothing Works

NewEnglander

Registered
My boss' MacBook running 10.5.? pinwheeled yesterday as he was using entourage and after a long cycle of attempts to try to force quit, I had to force restart. Unfortunately, it has now fallen into an endless boot loop. I have tried running fsck, which says the HD is OK every time. I have tried dumping the PRAM to no avail. I have tried repairing permissions (which I believe is the problem) through sudo diskutil and nothing occurs. Attempted to repair permission through this string in the command line:

/sbin/fsck -y<return>
/sbin/mount -uw /<return>
/sbin/autodiskmount -va<return>
/usr/sbin/diskutil repairPermissions /

And got this: 'Unable to run because unable to use the DiskManagement Framework.'

Nothing has worked. It is no longer covered under the protection plan and my boss (whose MacBook this is) does not know if he ever received the OSX Install disc and, if so, where it would be. The office here is in a mess as far as tech resources go and I can't find an 10.5 install disc anywhere.

Anyone have any idea? The MacBook has to be fixed by the end of the day as it has some personal and business documents that he was also about to back-up last night.

Back