Entourage 10.0 Problems

Farthur

Registered
Entourage suddenly started giving me this message:
Error #4362. It then does not show in my inbox the message that the computer has downloaded. I must shut down Entourage and re-open it to see the message. Sometimes no email shows up as in the Inbox.

I am using MAC OS 10.25. I have been using this version of Entourage with this MAC for some time without problem.

Thanks.

Arthur Walzer
awalzer@umn.edu

Error 4362 in Entourage X

The action could not be completed. An unknown error (4362) occurred.

When you try to use Microsoft Entourage X to send or to receive e-mail, you receive this error message: Error 4362. The solution is typically resolved by performing a typical or advanced rebuild of the database file.

Sometimes this error indicates a problem Entourage is having with the Microsoft Database Daemon. Quit the daemon

Then go to System preferences/Startup Items and remove any entries of the database daemon from the 'login items' window. Now start up Entourage again and hopefully the problem will have been resolved.

Note: Some users reported this error when clicking on a corrupt email. 4362 is not the usual error for a corrupt message. If deleting the message does not solve the problem, try a rebuild. If this is your problem, then try the following:

Go to View menu/Preview Pane, or press command-\, to turn the Preview Pane off. Now when he click on the message, you will be able to delete it. If this is a POP account and a local folder, then go to Tools/Run Schedule/Empty Deleted Items Items Folder. If it is an IMAP account set up with its own Deleted Items Folder, quit Entourage so it will get purged, or if set up to "mark for deletion" press command-K to connect to the account to purge it.

Back