Entourage 2004 and pst's

vegas2timer

Registered
Hi guys,

I have finally got Entourage 2004 working, I was wondering about pst's though. People here have prevously been using outlook 2001 and had psts on a local server which they mapped to so that they could be backed up, I've have gone through the help section and it appears psts have to be imported in entourage 2004, does this mean i wouldn't be able to get it backed up on a server?

Thanks in advance

V

vegas2timer said:
Hi guys,

I have finally got Entourage 2004 working, I was wondering about pst's though. People here have prevously been using outlook 2001 and had psts on a local server which they mapped to so that they could be backed up, I've have gone through the help section and it appears psts have to be imported in entourage 2004, does this mean i wouldn't be able to get it backed up on a server?

Thanks in advance

V
PSTs presumeably can be stored anywhere, including a server. Unfortunately, I have to free up server space so that this was never an option. At any rate, Entourage does not use PSTs natively. It uses a different format archive with the extension .rge. Microsoft posted a tool on its website to import PSTs into Entourage from Outlook 2001. The tool will only import PSTs that were created with Outlook 2001. Mine were not. However, Outlook 2001 can write to them. From my casual understanding of PST formats, the Windows version of Outlook used to create the PSTs should be compatible with 2001, but this is Microsoft we are talking about.

Back