Entourage 2004 Calendar Problems - Duplicate entries & BlackBerry sync issues

lscweb

Registered
I have a client whose office is primarily Mac users, and one user is having problems with thier Entourage 2004 Calendar, which is causing problems when syncing said calendar to her BlackBerry. The problem primarily seems to be associated with Invitations for events.

What happens is that when she receives and accepts an invitation to an event, it works fine and is added to her calendar. The problem is with updates, when she receives an update to an event that was created by an accepted invitation, what occurs here is that Entourage duplicates the event on her calendar. The Invitation email shows the usual subject of Update to event, however the links are to add event, not update the event. This creates further problems when she deletes one of the duplicates, because when she syncs her BlackBerry, it sees the event as being deleted, and does not add the event to the BB. There is also a problem with all day events when syncing, which is that only the first is transferred to the BB. I believe all of these problems are related to the Entourage datafile, but don't know what else to look at. I don't think it is a software issue, due to the fact that as I have 3 other users in the same office with the identical configuration, not having issues.

I have repaired disk permissions and other routines via Cocktail. I have also rebuilt the Entourage database. Deleted all Office Prefs, and plist files. Reinstalled Office & updates. The BlackBerry is not set to wireless sync (actually not an option as there is no BES nor Exchange in the mix - yet)

Specs of system/software: PowerBook 12" 1.5 GHz G4, 1GB Ram; Mac OS 10.4.3, ;MS Office for Mac 2004 11.2.1; BlackBerry 7290, BB OS 4.x.x.

Thanks in advance.

Back