Entourage and Odd (deliberate?) behavior

Wilsonium

Registered
Howdy,

I've noticed as of late that Entourage (Office X) has the odd habit of being intrusive with other applications. I haven't watched it specifically but here's what's going on...

Open Entourage and close the main window so it's not docked but still running. I have a schedule that runs every 3 minutes to poll for mail so I get the status window temporarily when this happens. The odd thing is sometimes this status window opens on top and sometimes it's not. I don't mind it opening and closing spontaneously but when it opens on top of an application I'm trying to use is annoying.

Any idea on how to stop this (other than stop using Entourage)?

Cheers
Don

this happens to me also, and i think it probably happens to everyone. I don't believe that it is being intrusive to other apps. I think it all has to do with OS X, it seems to me that if i am using any app and open another and then immedietly switch back to the app i was using, while the new app opens its splash screen opens in front of the window i am using and I have to click on the window in the foreground to bring it back to the front. I hope this isnt too confusing because it sounds confusing to me when i read it, but who cares right?

It's not that it's intrusive to the applications... but gets in the way of what you're working on visually. It's inconsistent too... sometimes it's in front, sometimes it's in back. Funny though... the first thought that crossed my mind was that it did it to non-microsoft applications because it never did it to me while Word or Excel was open... just call me paranoid about M$'s behavior.

D-

Back