Entourage Crashing.

rkadowns

Registered
Any of you have any problems with Entourage crashing everytime you open up the program after you setup your mac.com IMAP email account? If so, what the hell do you do to get it to work!?!

I don't have this problem setting up the mac.com mail account or any other account as POP3, but naturally if you do this with IMAP you don't get your folders.

Actually, I am having the crashing problems whenever I hit Send & Receive or Cmd-K (the shortcut for Send & Receive).

It gets all the mail, notifies me, then promptly "Unexpectedly quits" like clockwork. If I allow it to check on its own, it works correctly. If I Send & Receive to any individual account, it works correctly.

I have removed all IMAP accounts and rebuilt each server connection with no luck.

I have had no problems. Did you install a full version or the updater? If you had the updater, were you having problems with Entourage before? I did not look but is there a preference that says to quit entourage after you download mail?

Maybe you should consider wiping Office and reinstalling.

Actually, I think the problem I was running into was with using Hotmail accounts. It seems there's a problem with Entourage's Hotmail implementation.

I haven't tested this yet, though.

There is a bug in entourage that won't let you connect to your hotmail account. Microsoft has released an updater for entourage 2001, but don't have one yet for entourage X.

Back