Entourage Hangs

billyd380

Registered
I have three Apple G4's running OS 10.3.7 2 with 512Mb and the other 1Gb of RAM. They are all showing the same problems. After no certain amount of time Entourage will just hang. It will just sit there and try to receive or send an email but nothing will happen. Ususally the only way to get around this is to close the program and open it back up. I have rebuilt all three databases and deleted and reinstalled the accounts. I have reinstalled the program on one of the computers, but this didn't seem to have any effect. I have taken one of them off Entourage and put it on Thunderbird and everything seem fine. Is this just a software glitch between Entourage X and OS 10.3.7? One computer has Version 10.0.0 and the other has 10.1.6.

Thanks for any help,

Bill

This problem is a font problem or a harddisk problem.
Try to disable all fonts and restart the Mac.
Otherwise - take a copy of your harddisk (Carbon Copy), reinstall the system (NEW user) and copy your programs and User Data back.
Lars Damgaard, MacSupport, Denmark.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try the fonts first. Is there way to keep Entourage from laoding the fonts with out dissabling them all. These computers are design computers and they need their fonts all the time and since this doesn't happen at any kind of interval I can't just leave them without their fonts for a long period of time, but if I have to I guess I will.

Thanks,

Bill

Back