Entourage Help please? Error - 8754 and -3260

mark5

Registered
Hello There

I have just joined this site and a problem with entourage and I would like to ask for help to fix. I can't seem to find the forum I go to for this so if not here please can you advise on what forum I post this on please?

PROBLEM:

I am using Entourage X Version 10.1.1 on operating system OSX 10.3.9
I receive my emails OK but can't send email using my POP account. (My hotmail account sends and receives OK) When I try and send an email and it issues the error report:

1. A 'Connection failure has occured' Error -3260

2. When I try to check my 'accounts' and click on the account in question it won't let me and comes up with 'An action could not be completed' Error - 8754

3. The BASIC rebuild I tried failed but the ADVANCED rebuild I tried completed OK but hasn't fixed the problem.

Any suggestions woud be very welcome?!

Thankyou

Mark

Hi mark5 and welcome to this forum

are you sure that u configured the smtp adress properly for sending your messages through your pop account ?

error messages have a look here >: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/page.html

How about using OS X mail.app ? i've switched from entourage 18 month ago and won't go back ever ;-)

Hope this helps

Thanks but unfortuntely these errors are not listed in the error descriptions. I might try your suggestion to switch to OS X MAIL in the future but I have a tight schdule and I wanted an easier fix to these problem if possible.

Another article on this error says
This error can occur if Outlook Express is trying to receive mail on the wrong port (ie. not 110) or if the application is trying to contact a proxy server. To resolve the problem...

Disconnect, quit OE, reconnect and then retry.
Check Edit > Preferences > Proxies for any mail server proxy settings.
Go to Tools > Accounts and confirm all mail account settings (to be sure, recreate account and try again).

Thanks Eric and Gig.

Well I looked up -3260 but it didn't help......... "To work around this problem, verify that the Exchange account settings are correct, that the network configuration is correct, and that the Exchange server is operating correctly with all the required services running". I cannot get into the account to check as the Error -8754 keep flagging up and the trouble shoot page doesn't cover this -8754. The rest is set up as normal and as far as I know I never changed any of my settings prior to this whole issue.

So I tried recreating another account as sugested. Now i can send emails from there but now I can't received them - comes up with 'Make lock failed' (then a long IP address) and then says my previous login details are incorrect. I just don't understand why? I think this is a bigger problem than I thought - and much more must be corrupted. May be there is no quick fix here.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Holding down the option key while starting up Entourage will allow you to rebuild the database...this often helps

Thanks - but I've tried that but it seems its Error - 8754 is the real problem I can't actually get into my account to see what the problem is.

Entourage error 3260 takes place while users try to attach PC for communication. Because of this error E-mails becomes inaccessible. This error should be fixed as early as possible.

Major reason behind the happening of this error are missing files, application malfunctioning, damaged identity, improper system shutdown, virus infection, database header corruption, Misconfigure Entourage, Database structure corruption, Corruption of MS Office. Solution has been mentioned beneath to solve this error.

Method 1: Do as follows:

1. Check the Outbox.

2. Delete Old account and create new.

3. Reconstruct entourage preferences.

4. Review POP and SMTP settings.

5. You can generate new user account.

Method 2: Select override SMTP port 587 in the Advanced Sending options

1. Launch Entourage

2. >>Tools >> Accounts

3. Double-click account that you have to set up

4. >>Sending mail >> Click this for advanced sending options link.

5. Click to choose Override default SMTP port, and then insert port value of 587.

6. Press for advanced options

7. Switch to override SMTP connection mode: 587

8. Press OK to save alterations and close the Accounts

9. Clean Outbox, and try to launch test email message.

If the issue continues to occur, then it is better to opt for some third party repair software that’s should automatically scan, detect and repair any sort entourage database corruption. Entourage File Repair Tool has the ability to repair any type of corrupted RGE files and can fix the error 3260 easily. Using this repair software, you can repair and retrieve damaged attachments, contacts, emails, calendar, tasks, etc.

Back