Entourage Help!

Morgangirl2

Registered
Hello,

This morning, I was having trouble spellchecking an article, Word kept shutting down with a Type 2 problem. Found a solution online: I went to the system's folder, preferences, and deleted the Microsoft preferences folder. Word is now working beautifully, but my Entourage is now from February 2004--the last time I had Entourage fixed! By deleting the preferences folder, is my Entourage lost forever? Please say no! I'm an editor and I keep most of my files on my email.

I am working on an iMac, OS 9 system.

This is the pop-up I get when I go to get email:
The server returned the error "Authentication failed (incorrect password?)" Your username/password or security settings may be incorrect. Would you like to try re-entering your password? (I don't have a password--I would just get on and do email.)

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

Morgangirl2 said:
Hello,

This morning, I was having trouble spellchecking an article, Word kept shutting down with a Type 2 problem. Found a solution online: I went to the system's folder, preferences, and deleted the Microsoft preferences folder. Word is now working beautifully, but my Entourage is now from February 2004--the last time I had Entourage fixed! By deleting the preferences folder, is my Entourage lost forever? Please say no! I'm an editor and I keep most of my files on my email.

I am working on an iMac, OS 9 system.

This is the pop-up I get when I go to get email:
The server returned the error "Authentication failed (incorrect password?)" Your username/password or security settings may be incorrect. Would you like to try re-entering your password? (I don't have a password--I would just get on and do email.)

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

Ent. probably created a new "Microsoft User Data" folder in the Word/Entourage folder, which, of course, has none of your old data in it. Try looking in your "Documents" folder to see if there is a "MS User Data" folder there. If so, open it, then open "Office Identities" and "Main Identitiy." You should seedatabases, mailing list, messages, etc icons with a more recent date next to them, indicating that they are your old data. Let me know if you find it.

Back