Entourage mail messages

baba

Registered
First, I have everything backed up. I gave my son my eMac when I bought a new iMac. I have his whole user folder on my desktop on the new iMac. I cleaned up the eMac and made new users for his small business. I have all the files and documents he needs, and he can sort them out as need be, but when he opened Entourage there was no mail. Do I have to drag the old iMac back to his place to migrate information, or can I somehow send his Microsoft user folder to him? I tried to open the mail messages on my new iMac and forward them, but I got nervous about losing something. There is a two week gap between the saved info and now. We just don't want to lose the last two weeks of messages. I contacted the ISP, but the messages aren't stored on the server. I would appreciate any help.

Entourage mail is usually very easy to copy across - I work between a Mac Mini and an iBook, and when I need some mails copied across, I drag them from Entourage to the desktop (they copy as .eml files, not move) then pop them onto a memory stick or into my network folder if I have both machines open on the same network for the purpose of copying files across.

I'm not sure how this would work on a backed up folder, but I hope this is of some use to you and good luck!

I have created new users on the eMac. I have his old user folder on two machines. Can I just drag everything in the old user folder (named X) into the new machines user folder (named Y), or should I make a new user with the same name as the old? The reason this got complicated is because he has two Office folders, X and 2004, and I didn't want to goof up and lose the info. Should I do this manually in Target Disk Mode or can I safely use the Migration Assistant at this point? Sorry for being such a scaredy cat.

Just copy the Microsoft User Data folder from the old users Documents folder and put it in the new machine users Documents folder.

Back