Entourage problems

markrpen

Registered
Hi

It is Entourage 11.2 I am using. ( Sorry I'm a newbie )

The error message says: 'logon failure: unknown username or bad password',
and asks if I want to re-enter my password but when I do, the same message
pops up again. I've tried going into network preferences; a couple of times I've changed my location and that seems to have sorted things out, but not this time. I'm not sure what I should have under 'location': my options are airport, automatic, modem or Pano, and a bunch of dates.
The 'telephone no.' box is blank, as is the DNS servers box under TCP/IP.

Any help is appreciated

That usually happens when the password or login in entered incorrectly. If it works intermittantly, it may be something else. Are you on a laptop or desktop machine?

It's a desktop machine.

It did happen before but I changed my 'location' and that briefly sorted things out. Could it be corruption? I'm not quite sure about the choices
given ( airport,modem,pano,dates, automatic - I thought automatic ).

If it's a desktop, you'd always be connecting the same way, so if you can sort out which of those is the correct one, choose that instead of automatic.

It's possible that the Keychain entry for Entourage is incorrect or corrupt, but if that was the case, I'd expect it to never work rather than work intermittantly.

I'd suggest deleting the Keychain entry for the email account (be sure you have the correct login and password written down first). You might try running Keychain First Aid also.

Entourage will offer to remember the password after that, and write a new entry into the Keychain.

If that fails, you could try creating a new account in Entourage and entering the same information in. If that works, you can delete the old account.

Back