Entourage question

metfoo

Registered
I am using entourage X, and I often send out web links. How can I set it up to automatically create the hyperlinks? the messages are HTML format, but its ignoring the link. I have had several people ask me if i did this on purpose. What do I need to do? Thanks.

See.. it thought it wouldnt know.. put:

<a href="mailto:whatever@wherever.com">whatever@wherever.com</a>

Lets see if this works.

ok, i was emailing a link to a webpage, say my site:

http://www.ribitch.com

I would type it like it appears, but when its sent out, it isnt a clickable link, its just a string of normal characters. where is the option to change this.

I used to use outlook and it did this, but entourage doesnt seem to have the automatic formatting enabled. thanks.

Dear all Entourage Users,

Putting HyperLinks in to your emails is not directly done by yourselfs. First, make sure that you are constructing the mail in HTML format and not plain text. This is important.

When you type the Hyperlink or email address, just type it as normal, for example, http://www.apple.com/

The magic happens at the other end when the person who is receiving the email. It all depends on they email program setup. If their setup is to receive all email in Plain Text, then the link will not work and it will appear as just plain standard text. If their setup is the render the email in the format that it was written in or in HTML Format, then the HyperLink will work. The program will automatically put the HyperLink in for you. Simple.

Hope it helps.

Originally posted by cockneygeezer
...The magic happens at the other end when the person who is receiving the email...
That's only true if we are talking about standard text messages...

... but if the tool allows you to use HTML then it MUST allow you to make an HTML link (an "A HREF"). If it doesn't every other non-Entourage clien capable of understanding HTML will ignore your links.

There is this little thing on the toolbar that says Insert --> Link from IE. Even when i do this is merely puts the link in greater-than and less than brackets... but it does not do a standard HTML A HREF...

Originally posted by TommyWillB
Yeah... but that will only work for Entourage since it is not legitimate HTML...

As the title of this thread suggests, we ARE talking about entourage.

Originally posted by metfoo

As the title of this thread suggests, we ARE talking about entourage.
Yes but the question asks about putting a standard "HTML... HREF" in Entourage (not making a link work in Entourage only)... and that is not part of your answer...

Putting something in <> does not make it HTML... nor is it an HREF...

That much is true regardless of Entourage...

Back