Entourage rule not working

sduttonusa

Registered
I've been trying to create a rule for sent mail. If I send mail to certain addressees, I want the mail message copied and then moved to a certain folder. I just want to be able to keep track of all outgoing correspondence with certain businesses. I've successfully created a rule for incoming mail, but can't get my sent mail to respond.

As per MS 'Entourage's 'Help' for 'Rules', via the third bullet, in Step 2 -
'• To create a rule that applies to outgoing messages from a mail account, click the Outgoing tab'.

Thus, when you select 'Entourage's 'Tools, Rules' menu item, and the 'Rules' window appears - click on the 'Outgoing' tab, not the 'Mail (POP)' tab - before clicking on the window's 'New' toolbar icon button - to proceed to create a new rule.

You could also create a view, instead of a rule, so that all messages are in the Sent folder, but your other view will show only those in the Sent folder that meet the criteria you set in the view.

To create a new view, scroll down through your folder list on the left, and Control-click Mail Views near the bottom. Click New Custom View from the menu, and create your new view. Views are nice because all your mail stays in one place, and you don't have to deal with lots of folders. Other than that, they behave like folders with mail in them.

Back