Entourage Send/receive Mail Problems

Godfather

Registered
Hi!!

When Send and Receive mails using Entourage a connection pop-up window appears:

"No se ha podido abrir el dispositivo de comunicaciones."

(Sorry is in Spanish)

"Unable to open the communication device"

But I'm already connected using a dialup access.

Originally this problem didn't appear and without notice or any change on my settings (apparently) it starts to show up.

I read on the Microsoft support site the following:

"Improvements for Entourage 2004 for Mac
The Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 1 (11.1.0) includes the following improvements for Entourage 2004 for Mac:

Connection to the Internet by using an internal modem is improved

Previously, connecting to the Internet by using an internal modem could cause problems. Entourage 2004 for Mac tried to connect to another internal modem or to an Infrared Data Association (IrDA) wireless device after it made a Point-to-Point (PPP) connection to an external modem. This issue has been fixed. Entourage 2004 for Mac now connects to the Internet using the current connection."

I guess this Service pack should be installed in order to solve this problem. But before install something I rather to have an opinion.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Fabio.

Why are you using Entourage? The purpose of this application is to bring seamless Microsoft Exchange-compatibility to MacOS X, which it does very badly. Apple's Mail email client is so much better behaved. Pick another mail client--Mail, Eudora, Thunderbird, anything else--and you get a lot less grief and better a application than you get with Entourage.

Back