Entourage Sending Multiple Emails And Hanging

Denise LSD

Registered
Hi

We are working on macs, using entourage, we have a pop-mail account set up with tripod.lycos.com, alongside our domain name. We have business broadband with BT. We have downloaded all the updates.

About a month ago this particular problem started: with various, but not all, emails, the progress bar says that the email has not gone, and hangs at the end, saying that (for example) 2187k of 2187k has been sent. It stays like that, then after a while in stops trying to send and has the error message "An operation on the server timed out. The server may be down, overloaded, or there may be too much net traffic"

We are finding now that these messages ARE being sent, and mulltiple times. We are now having to cc ourselves in, and delete the messages from the OUTBOX once we receive our own message, but even then we sometimes receive it two or three times or more (last week I had my own email 12 times).

It isn't when there are just attachments, it happens with all sorts of messages, but like I said, not every time - sometimes they go first time and go straight to SENT.

Our webmail seems to work fine but isn't good for a long term solution.

CAN SOMEONE HELP US - WE ARE GOING MAD!

Back