Entourage to Palm Sync Office 10.1.5 & Sync 1.1

dixonbm

Registered
My dad is having a problem syncing his palm with entourage or for that matter at all. Does anyone have any experience with syncing a palm and entourage?

He has a 1GHZ TiBook. I have to unplug/plug back in the usb cradle to get it to sync. If I don't do that first the computer won't even notice the palm. On the times I do get it to connect it crashes once the entourage sync conduit all starts.

A few things I've tried are just syncing a single category. Amazingly it was successful however the sync ended saying there was an interruption. However when I try and sync the entire contact list it crashes. There are far too many categories for him to sync one by one. I've tried rebuilding the entourage database. I've tried clearing the Entourage storage file in ~/Documents/Palm/Entourage. I'm at a loss.

One thing I'm considering is that the version of office I'm on is 10.1.5 (the newest) is having trouble with the sync (Microsoft Handheld Sync for Entourage X 1.1). Has anyone else noted this problem?

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks!

I have some expierence with syncing Palm and Entourage.
However I didn't expierence any crashes when the software was syncing.

It may be because of the update. I don't have the updates installed because everytime I run them they won't install cause they won't let me choose the locatoin of the M$ folder. The updates may be the problem.

which palm do you have?

There is a new Entourage Conduit versioning as 10.1.4 which fixes the crash problem. I've previously upgraded Entourage to 10.1.4 without upgrading the conduit and it causes crashes all the time. Installing the upgraded conduit fixes the problem.

I downloaded the newer conduit from Microsuks website and it worked. Although I still have the problem with the palm syncing via the usb. Oh well. Thanks mike!

Back