Entourage won't receive messages

tcable

Registered
I have Entourage 10.1.1 running on an iMac OS X 10.2.8. I can send but not receive, even though icon says receiving messages. I get an error code (-3168). I have tried downloading OS updates and cleaning up files in entourage and desktop without any change. Via internet, I am also unable to get to email by squirrel, etc. at webmail. I'm frustrated. Any suggestions? tom

I get the same problem. I use the local Cable internet provider, and when I go to school and use their T3 connection, I can recieve but not send. The IT folks said that they have that port blocked for security reasons.

I wasn't able to find any info on that error code (make sure you didn't type it wrong, maybe?). The port block sounds viable, but at the same time if you can recieve mail via another program (have you tried mail.app?) then I'd blame entourage.

Just for safety, recheck all of your connection setting, make sure your incoming server is set right. Also, try toggling the SSL setting in Tools -->Accounts --> "click here for advanced receiving options" tab (uses a different port)

Back