Entourage Won't Send via POP Mail

I_Hate_Gates

Registered
I use Microsfoft Entougage to for accessing my POP mail account, and all has been working fine up until a few days ago.

About 2 weeks ago I changed my ISP to a broadband wireless set up (it's an iBurst wide area wireless network), and have been using this connection to send and receive emails via Entourage without any problems.

However, 2 days ago, when trying to send an email, I got the error message "The connection to the server failed because the network is unavailable. Make sure that your computer is connected to the network and that your server is working correctly. If you need help, contact your network administrator." (Error -3260).

Now here's the strange thing:

1. The system is receiving emails without any problems, just won't send. The above error message appears, but it still downloads incoming messages.

2. When I go back to my old dial-up connection, the system sends and receives fine

3. When I use the new connection to send via Entourage using a hotmail account, it works ok.

I've tried rebuilding the Entourage database but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

Trouble sending email indicates that you are not using the proper SNMP server. If you changed to a new ISP, you probably have to use your new ISP's SNMP server.

Change under the SMTP settings to port 587. Just had this problem with my .mac account. Appe Support helped me out.

the defaut port 25 is usually blocked by all major ISP's becuase its a big spam port.

-J

Thanks for your advice...

I think you're right, it has something to do with the SMTP port, but changing it to 587 also didnt work, although it has given me a different error at least!

Do you know where I can find the correct SMTP port to use? Is this set by my ISP?

Cheers,

Tom

Confirm the IP address with your new ISP. SMTP uses port 25 by default. My best guess is that the SMTP address is incorrect.

BTW - POP3 to receive (port 110), SMTP to send (port 25).

Back