Entourage X Problem-Uncontrolled deleting

jsamin

Registered
My wife is using Entourage X on a G3 iMac running OS 10.3.9. While she was answering a normal email from a friend (no attachments) the program started deleting letters as she typed. When she closed the email, it started deleting messages from her in box. By the time I got to the machine and force quit the app. it had deleted about 50 messages. When I rebooted the program, all the Deleted Items folder contained was unread messages. I was able to recover the messages by importing the deleted items in to OS X Mail. Has anyone had a similar experience or have a possible cause of this weird behavior?

I have not created any rules. I had gone back to Entourage X because Entourage 2004 was not saving sent messages, and I suspect that all patches are applicable to the latest version.

I am experiencing the same problem. I haven't created any rules or junk mail filters. Did you ever find out how to solve this problem?

No. Although it was a one-off problem (it hasn't happened again) no-one at this forum seemed to have a clue about it.

Look at the email window and notice which column in the list of emails is highlighted to sort by......I'd almost bet its the blue star column.

Click on the Subject or Sent column header and see if the emails show backup.

I'm having a somewhat similar problem with Entourage 2004. When I check for mail, it says there isn't any.

Turns out, all my new mail (from 4 different email addresses) is being sent to the Deleted Items Folder. Been going on for several days now.

Wierder yet, up until this morning Hot mail was still arriving into the In Box, but now it to is being sent to the Deleted Items Folder.

Back