Entourage

Gandalfzaf

Registered
Greetings!

I have had to reinstal my PowerBook G4 17inch system from scratch. In the process of doing so, I ensured that all the relevant user data was backed up. This included all the files for entourage. I am now attempting to get Entourage working with the database file but it is not working. I have managed to do this before with no hassles so I did not expect an issue this time round.

I have manually recreated the profile with the accounts etc, then I copied the database file and the cache frile from the backup into the identities folder and attempted to do a database rebuild (Typical). This fails with the error 4363 or with the error "end of file reached, unable to compress" I am not able to get Entourage to see the database file. I suspect that it may be corrupt in some way. Is there a utility/Method that I can use to recover? I have tried the advanced rebuild (knowing the risks) and all it does (other than fail!) is reduce the size of the database file from 403Mb (correct) to 4k!!

I would appreciate some help here...
thank you
regards
Gandalfzaf

Firstly, have you reinstalled the same version of Entourage.

I presume you tried to simply open Entourage with the new identity in place without attempting a rebuild from the very start, if not it may be worth a go. In fact I'd trash the newly created Identity, crteate a new one and try the above. Failing that try Entouraid, it recovered 90% of my mail when my DB corrupted.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14148

Just had a thought...try creating an identity and importing the data in from your existing DB.

Good luck

Back