Entourage

marcusmander

Registered
I recently got broadband access using an ADSL modem. Everything works fine, except that Entourage will now no longer send emails. When I disconnect the ADSL modem and connect via the computer's internal modem, everything works fine again. But when I reconnect the ADSL modem I have the same problem. I have tried clicking the "SMTP server requires authorisation" box in my Account Settings, but to no avail. There is obviously some mismatch between Entourage and the new modem. Any ideas?? Thanks very much!

Who is your ISP? When i had aol, i had to set my smtp to mail.aol.com or something. It's a spam prevention measure some ISPs have.

I had same problem. At topofemailbox where you see "FROM" click on arrow to pull up server you are using.

Thanks very much. I seem to be having problems sending emails now as well, but I will try both of those and let you know what happens.

Yes, it seems to have been my account settings - I had to change the smtp setting to my new ISP's instead of my old one (whose email address I am still using). Thanks very much - phew!

Back