Epson C86 printer no longer working

ekaroline

Registered
I have a G3 iMac running OS 10.1.5---my upgrade to Tiger is in the mail.

In the meantime my Epson printer will no longer work. I go to page set up, choose the Epson C86, the printer icon starts to flash in the dock but then it won't print.

I know OS 10 doesn't have the Chooser option like 9 Classic did but how do I "choose" this printer in OS 10? Do I go into a Library in the System folder?

I have tried the Printer Utility but can do nothing to fix the problem with that.

The Printer Utility is the chooser, it is how you assign your printer. If you have deleted the printer from the queue in the utility and added it again, and it is still not working, then you may have a corrupted driver. You can go to the Epson site and download the driver, and try reloading it, or you can wait for Tiger, which in all probability will have your driver preloaded and will recognize your printer when you plug it in.

Also make sure that everything is physically attached properly.

I went to Epson and downloaded the driver but when I go to install it I'm not sure it's going to the right folder. Any idea where I install it? It is currently directing intself to an Epson folder I created last month when I was having this same issue.

Back