epson expression scanner freezing

guapagirl

Registered
I'm borrowing the above scanner and managed to scan about 5 pics successfully but now, right at the end of the scan process the scan freezes and I have to force quit it. If I leave it for about 10 mins, sometimes it will actually work.

I am scanning A3 B&W photographs at:

16-bit greyscale
resolution of 300 dpi

I had previously managed to scan some pics at 1200. I wanted to get each picture at 1200 and also 300dpi so I have one high res to print off and one low res for a website.

If, IF it works, it takes about 15 mins to scan at 300dpi. The previous scan at 1200 took about 20 mins to do.

I have kept the settings exactly the same. I have done a permissions repair and verified the HD and the usual turn it off turn it on and unplug and plug in to no avail. I'm at a loss.

Any ideas?

I'm resurrecting this thread because I now own one of these and I'm still having the same issue. the nice man from epson came out and said I didn't have enough RAM, so I've just installed 4GB of ram and did an archive/reinstall of osx and no joy. I've even tried an older driver version.

It's simply not converting or embedding after scanning.

and if this is the wrong forum, can someone point me in the right direction please?

Okie dokie,

I have now upgraded to snow leopard in the hopes of fixing it. I had no joy, but I inadvertently discovered image capture.

I can now scan using image capture!

Joy! but when I rotate the scanned image and save it, then I get a bleached out image. I tried saving the scanned image with a different name in a different folder and then rotating it, but that didn't work, although I could open the image fine as long as I didn't do anything fancy like rotating it.

Which makes me think that this is a software issue on mac's side.

Back