Epson Perfection 1670 scanner

dave17lax

Inventor of the Egg Wave
Under Panther, this scanner does not work properly. After previewing and cropping, etc, and the scan is complete, the program crashes. The crash happens before the file is saved, and in every mode the software offers. I went to epson.com but the only driver update is what I've already got (1.22A). There is also 1.0A but it's a patch for a different version.
Is this something that I'll just have to wait for epson to fix? Also I'm not spending 60 bucks on vuescan.... Thanks for any help.

Did you try the usual routine, like repairing permissions, fsck-ing at the command line, and reinstalling the program? Try those, and don't reinstall your OS unless nothing else works.

Yes I did do those things, though I don't see how fscking would help. Anyway reinstalling brought back some functionality, but the applications actually act differently now. I am overall happy with Epson products, but it is very strange how they have their scanner software set up. Accessing an app like Epson Scan from another app called Epson Smart Panel will actually illicit different actions than if I just accessed Epson Scan from the Finder....not sure if that's a feature or bug.
Anyway I did figure a way to save the scanned files, so the real problem is solved. And no I didn't have to reinstall the OS.

Back