Epson printing problem (jobs stop)

DCD

Registered
Really weird problem with my printer began yesterday after I changed the black ink cartrige. Every time I go to print a document the printing job automatically stops after about 2 seconds. If I select "start jobs" in the printer window the problem just happens again. Tried printing from lots of apps, tried resetting the printer system in PSU, tried unplugging the printer (USB and power), swapped to another ink cartrige....the damn problem is still there!!

Any ideas? I'm going crazy over this:(

The printer is a Japanese market Epson PM-950C

No one? I would appreciate to hear from anyone who have had this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hi - I had the same problem a couple of times a while back - I've got a Photo Stylus 900 - First time was because I used a cheap alternative to the epson cartridge - It didn't like it at all (the crafty b*ggers at Epson!). The second time was because my wife had tried to print from Word :confused: and it tripped out the printer, meant I could print nothing from any application. I had to reboot the computer in the end - but that doesn't sound the same problem as yours....

dunno if that helps or not - but it's always worth a try!

Did you replace the cartridge with an Epson one or an aftermarket/off-brand? If it was the later, best bet is to buy the proper cartridge for your model.

Thanks for the reply guys. The cartrige is a proper Epson item. I even replaced it with the older one I had on before and still no go. Rebooted the computer but still nothing. Only thing that remains to be done is to unistall the driver but the problem is I'm using a J-market printer with a English language driver. Can't even remember where I downloaded the driver from so got to find that out before I do this. I've gotten to the point I just want to cry!!:p :(

Back