Erratic Exposé in Leopard?

LordCoven

Registered
Hi Forum,

Long time no post ... but here we go:

I've just upgraded to Leopard on my 17" PowerBook - generally great, but I've noticed some erratic behaviour of Exposé. I haven't been able to narrow it down to a reproducible procedure yet, but if I figure one out I'll post it here.

Essentially what happens is that I hit e.g. F9 to show all windows, and very briefly I'll see the expected happend, but then Exposé will suddenly switch to application windows view for some seemingly random application (i.e. as if I'd pressed F10).
Also, sometimes if I hit F10 to view the windows of the current application, I will briefly see the expected view, but then Leopard will switch to another, different application.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? A brief Google didn't throw any results my way, and a brief search in these forums didn't produce any relevant results ... but I haven't spent ages researching this (yet? ;)).

Cheers,
C

Oh! I should mention that I also have Spaces active ... maybe that's got something to do with it ...

Are Expose settings correct in Sys Prefs?
Or are there any double shortcuts for these keys (also to check in s.prefs)?
Or in Spaces preferences?

... it *appears* as if Mail.app is the culprit. When I leave that open the behaviour described above occurs - but when I close it (and leave everything else as it was) it doesn't. Or at least, hasn't yet ... I'll keep an eye on this ...
Cheers,
C

Keep Console.app open, and when this erratic behavior shows.... what gets in system.log (or console.log)?

Back