ERROR 404 - What/Who is Problem?

kcsummer

Registered
I DO NOT know the source of this error - where to look for answer but here's what I get. I was on a forum and this has happened three nights in a row and then I can't get back on - I'm just kicked out

Google

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL /Forums.aspx?p=REPLY&forumthreadID=706047&startat=1&quote=1&quoteforumpostID=24643441 was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

It can't find the file like it said. 404 means file not found. Either you are typing in the URL wrong or they deleted the page you are requesting.

It can't find the file like it said. 404 means file not found. Either you are typing in the URL wrong or they deleted the page you are requesting.
No, that is not the case. I was on that page and then got bumped off. When I try to get back on it gave me the error message.

After doing all kinds of stuff, including deleting cookies, etc., restarting, I was finally able to get back on and the file had not been deleted. I do not know why/how this happens but the file and the url still exist just as they were.

Probably their server was offline. Usually a webmaster will post a warning, but if it just crashed...

Back