Error Compiling mimetic

kainjow

Registered
I'm trying to compile mimetic, a C++ library for extracting MIME info out of emails and such.

But I get the following errors (it looks like this is where it starts):
Code:
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol ___eprintf
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/libgcc.a(_eprintf.o) private external definition of ___eprintf in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/libstdc++.dylib(single module) definition of ___eprintf
ld: multiple definitions of symbol ___divdi3
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/libgcc.a(_divdi3.o) private external definition of ___divdi3 in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/../../../libgcc_s.10.4.dylib(_divdi3_s.o) definition of ___divdi3
ld: multiple definitions of symbol ___udivdi3
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/libgcc.a(_udivdi3.o) private external definition of ___udivdi3 in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/../../../libgcc_s.10.4.dylib(_udivdi3_s.o) definition of ___udivdi3
ld: multiple definitions of symbol ___umoddi3
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/libgcc.a(_umoddi3.o) private external definition of ___umoddi3 in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/../../../libgcc_s.10.4.dylib(_umoddi3_s.o) definition of ___umoddi3
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[2]: *** [libmimetic.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

I'm using just the basic ./configure and make, but that's where it spits out errors (it goes a while before the errors show).

Any ideas? Maybe someone else could try compiling it...

Also, does anyone know how to compile this source directly into a Cocoa application? I'm kinda newb at generic compiling of *nix stuff.

Thanks in advance.

I've since fixed it. And I don't even need it anymore, as it was a workaround to a problem I was having :)

What was the problem and how did you solve it?

As for getting it to work with a Cocoa program, I usually just compile the libraries as static and link them to my apps. No worries of runtime dependencies there.

Back