Error Extracting .sit File

pcoffey

Registered
My school allows me to download microsoft office for free. The file is a .sit file. I have stuffit expander and I tried expanding the file. However, during the process it gives me an error saying that the file is corrupted. It expands some of the files, but not others. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

If it is truly corrupted, there isn't anything to be done that I'm aware of. That being said, I've often found that people with "corrupted" archives downloaded often did so with an FTP client. Further, they downloaded the archive with the FTP client set to "automatic"ally choose the download mode (binary vs. ASCII). Make sure you downloaded the archive in binary if you used FTP to acquire the archive.

pcoffey said:
My school allows me to download microsoft office for free. The file is a .sit file. I have stuffit expander and I tried expanding the file. However, during the process it gives me an error saying that the file is corrupted. It expands some of the files, but not others. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

If that's the case, then contact your school's computer support department (or whomever is providing the file) and they should be able to help you.

That'll be your best bet as the board rules here prohibit us from being able to assist you further. We have no way of knowing if what you say is true and we prefer to error on the side of caution. Sorry.

Either the file itself is corrupted, or the .sit file got corrupted while you were getting yourself a copy.

First try upgrading to the newest Stuffit Expander. I had lots of problems until I found out there was a 10.0 out now. Now I don't get the errors.

Back