Error Messages

yonderwesty

Registered
dear tech support

i am all of a sudden getting error messages for a few apps, as below.

The application "Word" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "4<Microsoft Word><CarbonLib><CFMPriv_FindByContent><>"

The application "Shockwave Installer Slim" could not be launched because of a shared library error: ":<BaseInstaller Carbon><CarbonLib><CFMPriv_FindByContent><>"

additionally, i was trying to reinstall shockwave flash because safari is telling me it can't find the plug in, although it looks to be there in my 'installed plug-ins' folder.

!

any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Alyson

There are two possible solutions;

The first is to revert to Quicktime 7.0.1 which has resolved the issues for some users. The re-installer is available from Apple, there are currently two Re-Installers one for Quicktime 7.0.3 and another for 7.0.4.
Download the Quicktime 7.0.1 Re-installer from either of the two places below, depending on your version of Quicktime.
For Quicktime 7.0.3 Users
For Quicktime 7.0.4 Users
Un-compress as necessary.
Double-click the application and follow the on-screen instructions.
Restart your machine.
Alternatively the second solution is to back-up all user files and delete the hard drive. Then re-install the Mac OS. This will provide a clean and functioning frameworks for the installers and programs.

Back