Error transferring files from Max OSX 10.2 to PC Win 98SE.. help please...

ms_kle

Registered
:( I'm having problems transferring files from my Powerbook G4-500Mhz OSX 10.2.1 to my PC Win98SE. I am running a wireless network, and am able to connect to the PC from my Mac and browse to my destination folder, but when I drag and drop my file to the PC's window, it errors out. The error is:

"The operation cannot be completed because some data cannot be read or written. (Error code -3)."

When I go tp the PC, I can see the file there, but it is zero Kb in size.

This occurs with relatively large files 2MB and small files 20K. Am I missing a setting somewere? It's also super slow.....

Please please help... :(

Thanks in advance!

Are you able to do any sort of file transfer between the two? E.g. can you download files from the PC to your Mac? How about if you turn on the ftp server on your Mac, can you ftp into the Mac from the PC and transfer files both ways?

Also, are you sure that the shared folder on the PC has write permissions enabled? They should be if it's writing OK files, but you never know...

You could always turn on Windows File Sharing on the Mac, and then access the Mac from the PC, login, and transfer. Have you tried this?

Back