eSATA Disks not showing in finder

MrLatte23

Registered
So Software Update popped up with an update for Front Row, QuickTime and iTunes. Since I rely on this MacPro and Final Cut Studio for compositing, i figured I'd use Carbon Copy Cloner before installing any updates. But while CCC was indexing my main drive Software update popped back up and CCC hung, so I force quit it. Then Finder hung, so I tried to relaunch it to no avail. so I pressed and held the power button til it shut down.

Upon restart my two eSATA drives, connected via a NewTech eSATA extender cable to the two spare ports on the motherboard, were missing from the sidebar and all finder windows. They both still show up in Disk Utility, both pass verification/repair. I am able to open files from two of the three partitions through "Open Recent" in Quicktime, make an alias and then chose "show in finder". This returned the disk to a finder window, but they don't stay listed or show in other windows.

I checked Finder Preferences, restarted, checked permissions, connected via FW800 but nothing. I made shortcuts to the items on the two Partitions and am attempting a disk image of the third, which seems hung. I'll let it go over night.

Any thoughts? Anyone know how to bring them back?

MacPro Dual Core 2 X 2.66 - OS 10.5.2
Problem drives: 2 X Hitachi 500 GB (initial internal HD's at purchase)

Back