ETA on upgraded 17" PowerBook G4 (if at all)????

t_habrock

Registered
I have the worst luck with computer hardware - as soon I buy something an upgraded version is released at the same price. I want to buy a 17" PowerBook which was last upgraded Sept. 2003, but Apple seems to upgrade on a schedule of approx. 7-9 months, so that means maybe the 17" PB may be due for an upgrade and I would hate to buy a PB one or two months too early.

I know there has been a lot of discussion about whether the PowerBook will move to G5 or just upgrade the G4. But I haven;t seen much about when an upgrade to the PowerBooks may happen.

Any prognastications are welcome.

Thanks,
Tim

your subject seems a bit confusing to me. Considering the terror attacks in spain caused by the ETA..
Anyway, there should be an update in april, but noone knows if that is going to be a G4 update or a G5. I think this is the worst time to buy a powerbook. You could even say you are pretty much satisfied with the current G4, but you would definitely pay less for it when a G5 powerbook is out, if you decided to buy a 17inch G4 anyway.
So - if possible - wait another month.

Zammy-Sam said:
your subject seems a bit confusing to me. Considering the terror attacks in spain caused by the ETA..

You are 100% right - my sincere apologies...

Thanks for the info also...

Tim

Back