Ethernet and Modem

GFive

Registered
I'm probably doing something really dumb here, but here goes...

I'm trying to connect my Pismo to an NT Server using Sharity (although the same problem happens with SFM and SMB), and have my internet connection use the internal modem. Here's the problem:

When I move 'Ethernet' to the top of the active ports I can connect fine to the NT shares, but I can't access any web pages (it tries to access them via the NT server, which is not connected to the internet). When I move 'Internal Modem' to the top of the list I still seem to be able to connect to the NT shares, but it dials my internet connection as well. Have I set something up wrongly, or is there really no way to do what I want to do? Am I going to have to keep changing locations whenever I want to access the NT shares or the internet?

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi...

PS: I'm running 10.1.1 on the Pismo and NT4SP6a on the Dell

Looks like I may have found the solution. I managed to find a checkbox in Sharity's config page to turn off DNS lookups so that it only uses NETBIOS lookups. Seems to have done the trick.

I'm quite pleased now. I have a PowerEdge 2100/180 (Pentium-Pro 180) with 3 x 4GB SCSI hard disks (and an 8.4GB IDE drive to be fitted) and 256MB of RAM for nothing.

Back