Eudora 6 vs. Mail.app

aluminum

Registered
Well, it's time to upgrade the ol' mail client again.

About a year ago, I went looking for a new email app. I tried Powermail, Mailsmith, Mail.app, a few open source apps, Entorauge, etc.

I finally went back to Eudora 5, simply because it seemed to have the most stable mail storage format (plain text, separate files for each folder)

Well, I REALLY need Spam filtering now, and was thinking of upgrading to Eudora 6 Paid Mode. However, I thought maybe I should give Mail.App one more try.

Has anyone compared the two? My initial problems with Mail.App about a year ago that a good friend would often have his mail.app database corupt itself.

Anyone been using Mail.app steadily for a year or so and have a few thousand emails stored in it? Any comments?

I've been using Eudora for a long time, now v6 and it works great. Never have a problem.

Do a search on this and a couple other forums for Mail and you'll see some problems with it.

Eudora 6 is what you want. Road warrior flexibility, easy on CPU cycles and sensible mail databases. I have six years of e-mail on my system, no problem.

6 does an excellent job on spam. I had occasional misses, it put spam in the inbox, and one real message dumped in the junk box in the what 4 months it's been out. (I've used it since the first public beta). That one it missed was from the agent at Allstate, so no wonder.

It's why I live at the post office. Thank you Ms Wiley. ;)

Back