Eudora In box corrupt

metropical

Registered
After a recent corruption of my In box (never happened until Leo ........ I know I know, but I really, until now like Eu) I changed prefs to using old style .toc's and leaving messages on the server for 15 days.
Even with these changes my In has once again gone corrupt.
Removing the .toc and "forcing Eu to rebuild did nothing at all.

I tossed the In and the .toc and reset the server (my messages are left on the server for 15 days under Eu prefs.) to show all messages unread, thinking that and a new In box, and Eudora would download all the messages on the server.
Nope.

So is there a way to tell Eudora to download from the server anything that's there?

So is there a way to tell Eudora to download from the server anything that's there?

You're obviously aware of the Eudora vs Leopard issue, but there's nothing in Eudora settings that will tell it to look specifically for new mail. It does that anyway, under Checking Mail, so my guess is that something has happened in the reset of your mail server that Eudora doesn't recognise.

If it were me, I'd clear the server of all In mail via Webmail and then see what Eudora does with anything new that comes in thereafter.

Update: I see your second post, which didn't show initially. Well done.

Believe it or not, changing the sound effects from the defaults (new mail found, etc.) to something else also cleared up a TON of problems for Eudora, including the stopping of corrupted mailboxes.

Back