European Apple STores now closed for more than 2 hours

chevy

Marvelous Da Vinci
Staff member
Mod
This usually announces new products. Or will they be closed until the 11th ?

what would they announce? I hope they won't secretly update the powerbooks with higher clock and better features. I want to see a G5 powerbook!! :(

I was able to get into the UK store and didn't see any major changes at first glance, except for a list of iPod accessories at the top of the page now and the format has changed slightly. But I could have missed a subtle change to a product line. Out of interest, would this be the first time iPod-related items were top of the Store's page? (I don't check the Store pages that often.)

those new graphics at the top of the store page started appearing a short while ago.

i think prices of the cinema displays have come down.

Zammy-Sam said:
what would they announce? I hope they won't secretly update the powerbooks with higher clock and better features. I want to see a G5 powerbook!! :(

I wouldn't get your hopes up, there's a nearly zero chance of seeing G5 powerbooks announced at MWSF. 2nd half of this year, perhaps?

I guess so too.. :(
However an update of the powerbooks in terms of clock speed and features seems very possible. And I wonder if Apple is not digging their own graves with this. The faster the G4 powerbook gets, the harder it will be to fit a faster G5 into the powerbooks. I am quite positive that Apple won't dare to take a performance step backwards with the G5 powerbooks. So, the earlier they release it, the better their arguments to find buyers for it. That's why I am still thinking (and hoping) they might surprise us.

Well, how fast do the G4s go anyway? I've never seen any reports of chips faster than 1.5 GHz.

Back