Every browser crashes!

blue_tomato12

Registered
Hey, I have a macbook pro running 10.4 on it, and ever since I've restarted my computer yesterday (it was starting to slow down a bit, but its better now), every time I try to load any kind of streaming video on any browser..... it crashes. Not hang, but your average annoying run-of-the-mill "crash reporter" crash.

Its starting to drive me nuts, I've cleaned up all my caches, private data, etc., same for the system, I've checked for viruses, I've reinstalled the browsers, and the flash player, and a few other things I can't remember right now :p

One thing that has occured to me is that this has occurred no matter what browser or company that created the browser software (like mozilla). Could there be a plugin thats interfering with the software?

Any help would really be appreciated, thanks in advance :)

YES!!!!

I fixed the problem :D when I realised that any program related to sound crashes (even changing the volume) I just tracked down my most recently system installed sound enhancers. If anyone is suffering the same problems as me, including:

- Browsers crash when loading anything with volume
- Video players crash when opening video files
- Finder restarts or logs out when trying to change the volume
- iTunes refuses to open

..... and other sound related application crashes, you may have recently installed a program called OSS 3D and restarted. This problem may be unique to me, but try uninstalling it and restarting just in case. :) And thanks for the help aicul.

I had this happen to me recently. Crashs would happen no matter which user was logged in. I went through all the usual steps to try to remedy the problem (repair permissions, DiskWarrior, TechTool, AppleJack...) to no avail. What finally occurred to me was that a few weeks back I had installed the debug version of the Flash player. Since the crashing did not begin immediately afterward it didn't occur to me that it might be the issue. However when I uninstalled the player last night everything worked again. :)

Here's a link to the uninstaller:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157

Back